St Mary, Bury St Edmunds
The first church was built about 633 and destroyed by the Danes; the second was built in 903 to receive the body of St. Edmund, who was killed by the Danes; the third church replaced the wooden one with stone in 1032, but as the abbey church grew the site of St Mary's was required for a new wing of St Edmund's church. The fourth church was built on the present site in 1135. It was pulled down in 1425, and the fifth St Mary's has been used without a break since 1433.
Ref: Mee, A. 1947. The King's England - Suffolk.