A modern building on the site of the older hall.
The manor belonged to the priory and convent of the Holy Trinity, Ipswich, where it remained until the dissolution. It was granted by the Crown in 1544 to Sir Thomas Pope, Knt., who the following year had licence to alienate to Sir John Jermy. Pope first granted a lease of the manor, with the manors of Codenham, Creeting and Stonham, to Sir John Jermy in 1545. Sir John died in November 1560, when the manor passed like the manor of Metfield, to his son and heir, Francis Jermy, on whose death in 1611 it vested in his son and heir, Sir Thomas Jermy.
Ref: Copinger, W.A. 1911. The Manors of Suffolk. 3. 45