99_2-19.jpg

St Andrews, Gunton
(Grid Ref: TG 229 342)

Sir William Harbord commissioned Robert Adam in 1769 to replace the existing church with the current classical church which faces the hall. It has a fine portico of Tuscan pillars and an elegant interior.

Anthony Jermy was appointed rector of Gunton in 1661 by John Jermy, Esq.

Refs: Mee, A. 1972. The King's England - Norfolk.


Previous Thumbnails Next