St Michael, Aylsham
The church was started about 1270, with the nave, aisles and chancel being built first, and the tower and ground floor of the porch added early in the 14th century. The north aisle was reworked and the north transept built around 1380, possibly on the authorisation of John of Gaunt who owned Aylsham. The upper floor of the south porch was added in 1488 and the spire about 1600. During the 16th century aisles were added to the chancel and many of the windows were altered.