Little Walsingham, St Mary


Most of the monuments were damaged during the 1961 fire, including the fine one to Sir Henry Sidney who died in 1612, and his wife Jane, plus the domed Jacobean font cover given by Dame Jane Sidney.

The alabaster effigies of Sir Henry Sidney and his wife Jane, plus the accompanying inscriptions were repairable, and are to be found by the west end of the north aisle, with 3 coloured shields. Jermy arms above figures in lozenge.

Refs: Farrer, E. 1887. Church Heraldry of Norfolk.
Mee, A. 1972. The King's England - Norfolk.


Previous Thumbnails Next