Saxlingham, St Margaret
The church is a 15th century cruciform building of flint and freestone, consisting of a square western tower, south porch, nave, north and south transepts and chancel. The windows contain varied and unusual tracery. The building had deteriorated badly by 1896, but was completely renovated in 1898 with the financial assistance of Sir Alfred Jodrell of Bayfield Hall.
Immediately to the north-east of the church stand the remains of the manor house known as Heydon Hall, which was built by Sir John Heydon of Baconsthorpe, prior to 1550. The manor was later held by Henry Sidney of Walsingham, Esq, which was united with those of Letheringset and Hunworth, and came to Thomas Jermy, Esq. Sir Francis Guybon was lord in 1696. The hall was reduced to a ruin by two fires, the last of which occurred in 1901.
Ref: Blomefield, F. 1805. Topographical History of the County of Norfolk. 9. 434