West end of the nave showing the alabaster monuments to the Jermys, on either wall. These were originally on either side of the sanctuary and were placed in their present position in 1875. The heraldic devices were brightly coloured; now only traces of colour remain, and Sir Isaac and his wife have lost their hands - mutilation probably done during Cromwellian times.


Previous Thumbnails Next