In an upper room on the west side, over the fireplace and carved in stone, the Jermy arms are present.
They are the arms of Sir John Jermy, of Brightwell, K.B., and Margaret his wife, daughter and coheir of of Sir Thomas Tay, of Kent. He was living in 1553.
Arms: Arg. a lion rampant guardant Gu. Jermy impaling, Arg. a fess, in chief three martlets, in base a chevron Az. Tay
Ref: Crisp, F.A. 1881. Some account of the Parish of Stutton.