St Peter, Theberton
The round Norman tower looks down on the thatched roof of the church. The walls of the tower are nearly six feet thick, and this stupendous Norman masonry was preserved when the tower was refashioned in the 15th century, setting around the top a collection of huge gargoyles.
Ref: Mee, A. 1947. The King's England - Suffolk.