The mansion had been rebuilt at great expense by Sir Samuel Barnardiston in 1663. In the year 1760 it was taken down except for a portion now used as a farmhouse.
The manor was owned by the Lampet family, and later by the Curson family. William Curson died in 1485, and his daughter Elizabeth, married to Sir Thomas Teye, Knt., of Ardley, Essex, succeeded. At her death the manor passed to her eldest daughter and co-heir, Margaret, married to Sir John Jermy, Knt., of Metfield. He died in 1560, and the manor passed in the same course as the manor of Metfield, until the death of Sir Thomas Jermy, K.B. About the middle of the 17th century the manor was sold by the Jermy family to Sir William Hewitt, Knt.
Ref: Copinger, W.A. 1911. The Manors of Suffolk. 3. 11