Metfield - St John the Baptist
(Grid Ref: TM 294 803)

The church has a tower whose base dates from before 1200, but was still unfinished in 1385, when a bequest by Sir William Jermy of a hundred shillings was ad factur campanile de Medefeild (for the building of the Metfield bell tower.) One of the bells in the tower was cast in the 15th century. The medieval porch is notable for its battlements and buttresses.


Previous Thumbnails Next